We had another successful year at camp Koholowo...and I'm glad it's over! It's always so much work to get there and it seems like there is even more work to do when we are up there. I love being able to be up in the mountains and away from "everything" ...very peaceful and serene (even with 297 Young Women running around)! Here are just a few of the 188 pictures that I took for the DVD to show on the last day!

This picture (above) is the lodge. It's where we cook all of our meals and eat together. We have a beautiful industrial kitchen with 2 huge stainless steel fridges, a TON of stainless steel counter space and 3 huge oven/stoves. It makes the "eating" part of camp so nice! We ate really well last week!
This is a picture of our Stake Relief Society presidency. They came to camp and spent the whole week cooking and cleaning up after all of us! We had so much fun getting to know them better! They are troopers!
This group of fine looking brown shirts is my ward! We had a relatively small group this year compared to the past few years. We have one of the largest YW in the stake! We have a great ward...I love them all - they are a great bunch of girls!
The beautiful looking people in the "pink shirts" are the stake leaders. The stake RS presidency, the stake YW presidency, the stake camp board and the host couple. They are all amazing people!
We had a fun week, but it's always nice to get back home, see my kids, take a nice hot bath and sleep in my own bed!
Tomorrow we start planning youth conference for 2009 (a 21 mile trek) I guess the fun never stops!!!
7 comments:
Such a BIG job and you are still smiling! Glad it was a successful year at girls camp!
I am a little jealous! I keep hoping that I might get called to be camp director at some point when I have girls at camp! This year I ended up driving because I showed up at the church with Shelby and her non-member friend to drop them off and our girl's camp leader was planning to fit 8 girls in a 7 seat mini-van. I decided to drive up myself because I was not comfortable with them taking these girls on a 4 1/2 hr. trip without seat belts! It was so nice up there, even if I only got to stay an hour, that I wished I could have stayed longer! Our camp has a limit on the number of people who can be there, though, so they are a little stingy about who gets to stay! I am so glad you had fun and that it was a big success! It looks absolutely beautiful.
oh how fun!! I loved girls camp!! And that pioneer trek will be wonderful. On our trek i really learned a lot about myself and met one of my best friends!! Good luck with all the planning
awww that shelbie is so dang cute...She is awesome and I love having her as one of my laurels!! she kicks butt!! and like you, glad its over, glad to have my bed and shower..but had a ball while I was there.
It looks like a good time was had by all!
Jodi, you are amazing! I am sure the girls in your stake love you to death!
we are coming up in a couple weeks hopefully! Want to visit with his family, hit lagoon, the lake, and APOLLO BURGER! Hopefully we can cross paths! I would love that! Give me your address, email is allgooddog@hotmail.com
Looks like Girls Camp was awesome! You look so happy and so do the girls! I can't even begin to imagine how much time that takes. Or how much creativity and inspiration. I suppose the ideas come easier than the confidence that the spirit will be felt, which is so important and why YOU are the one spear heading the whole thing with the help of some great counselors I am sure! How fun.
Post a Comment