Our family has just finished hosting the Dahl family reunion...what a great thing! These are cousins, aunts, uncles and many others that I haven't seen for so long. It was so much fun to get reacquainted with them and meet the many new husbands, wives and babies for the first time! I had my camera with me both days and fully intended to take TONS of pictures, but as you can tell by the "picture less" post, I didn't take any! I just wanted to give a shout out to all of the Dahl's and let them know how much I appreciate them taking the time to come to Utah so that we could be together! I am very blessed to have such wonderful people in my family tree and I am extremely grateful to have had such wonderful grandparents that instilled in each of us a love of family togetherness. It was a great couple of days and I look forward to the next reunion in a couple of years!
My "highlights" of the reunion:
*playing "Shang Hai"
*water fights
*visiting
*memories of Grandma & Grandpa
*grandma's soft boiled raisin cookies (thanks mom!)
*Deanne's carmels
*seeing EVERYONE - almost every cousin was there!
We are already planning for next time and getting lots of good ideas on how to make it even better! If you have any ideas...post them here and I will pass them along!
Thanks again and we'll see you in 2009 if not sooner!
My "highlights" of the reunion:
*playing "Shang Hai"
*water fights
*visiting
*memories of Grandma & Grandpa
*grandma's soft boiled raisin cookies (thanks mom!)
*Deanne's carmels
*seeing EVERYONE - almost every cousin was there!
We are already planning for next time and getting lots of good ideas on how to make it even better! If you have any ideas...post them here and I will pass them along!
Thanks again and we'll see you in 2009 if not sooner!
(I had to add the picture of the Canadian flag - that's where it all began!)
P.S. - Shawna...if you are reading this - I tried to post a message to your blog and it wouldn't let me! Am I doing something wrong? Check your blogger set up and make sure you allow comments and then I will try again!
3 comments:
The reunion was so fun and you guys did so much to make it enjoyable - thanks for everything! We are looking forward to the next one - in fact Derek has begun Shang-hi training for me and the kids - he has plans for our family to dominate at the next reunion. We actually played tonight.
Shanghai tournament definitely needs to be a part of the next one! Hopefully with all this blogging we will all be caught up with each other's lives so the first day doesn't have to be about getting reacquainted! I love that so many of our cousins have blogs! Hip Hip hooray!
jodi. . .thanks for the heads up. I fixed the comment setting. Now maybe it will work. I LOVED seeing everyone too. I am soo looking forward to the next one.
Post a Comment