Friday, August 17, 2007

Piano Recital

Kamryn and Lexi had their first piano recital yesterday. They have been taking lessons from Tammy Andrews for about 3 months and have done really well. She has a contest every month for the student that has practiced the most and that has really inspired my girls to do their practicing. (sometimes without being asked!) Last night she awarded the winners and Kamryn and Lexi were two of the three winners ~YAE~ they each got a new piano book! Lexi was not thrilled about the book...to say the least. I think she was expecting some sort of treat. They were nervous to play in front of everyone, but they did a good job! It was a good experience and now onto practicing for the next recital!








2 comments:

Deanne said...

You go, girls! I'm impressed at your winnings. Maybe Lexi is too young to appreciate that hard work is it's own reward. I'd love to hear the recital pieces! I'll be waiting for my own personal recital. Maybe for the pre-show of HSM2?

The Porter Family said...

Good job on practicing... and that goes to you too, Jodi. I often marvel at how much work it is to get the kids through piano and that my mom got 6 of the 7 of us to take piano for 3 or more years! That is a lot of practicing! I need to get Kaleb and Kyle back into it and not give up!