I have been traveling on a bus for the past 10 days with the Utah Valley Children's Choir on their summer tour. Here are some of the things I learned during my travels:
#1: Kamryn looks pretty good in a sombrero
#2: I need to make sure that I always buy camera's with the image stabilization feature
#3: The Mesa Arizona temple is BEAUTIFUL and reminds me a little of the Hawaii temple and Cardston, Alberta temple rolled into one
#4: Teenagers do weird things
(and...Kamryn doesn't look so great in a Moose Hat)
#5: A good game of "Ninja Destruction" can keep kids entertained for about an hour
#6: If Ninja Destruction get's boring - the kids love to play "toss the penny on the rock"
#7: There is a great rest stop between New Mexico and Mesa with beautiful rocks to climb on
#8: I'm horrible at taking pictures of people jumping off of the high dive - my first 4 attempts looked like this
I finally got Kamryn in the picture - but I refer you back to #2
#9: The Air Force Academy is one of the most amazing buildings I've ever been in - the acoustics are great for singing too!
#10: I'm not too old to play with the teenagers and climb on top of the slide
#11: The Garden of The Gods in Colorado Springs is beautiful - even the second time around
#12: There are some cute girls that sing in the choir
#13: Riding in a Hummer is fun - but I don't think I ever want to own one-too much $$ and too big!
#14: There are some pretty great families in Colorado, Mesa, New Mexico and St. George that took us in and made us part of their family for a couple of days - we met some great people!
(one of the families that we stayed with)
#15: Listening to the choir sing by the Christus makes me cry like a baby
Click HERE to hear them sing "Carried By Love"
#16:Thanks to my Mesa "host mom", I learned how to make YUMMY bran muffins AND the best part is that the batter lasts in your fridge for up to 30 days - so you can make a fresh batch every morning in no time at all!
#17: This is a pretty great group of kids!
Click HERE to hear them sing "Carried By Love"
#16:Thanks to my Mesa "host mom", I learned how to make YUMMY bran muffins AND the best part is that the batter lasts in your fridge for up to 30 days - so you can make a fresh batch every morning in no time at all!
#17: This is a pretty great group of kids!
#18: I get tired and cranky after 10 days on a bus away from home and I miss my husband and my kids terribly!
BUT...
I'm pretty sure I'm going again next year - hopefully I'll learn some more great things!!
4 comments:
What a great post. So fun to read about your trip.
Looks like fun, but I have no idea how you survived 10 days! I did a 3 day field trip with the kids and thought I would die from lack of sleep! Our days were jam packed with stuff to do and we only had 8 hrs. total at the hotel each night (from bus drop off till bus pick up)....crazy! Oh, and I think the muffin mix is the stuff my mom used to keep in the fridge growing up....SO GOOD!!!
WOW! Quite the adventurer Ms. Jodi! It may have been a long trip - but Kamryn will remember that one FOREVER! Way to be supermom!
Sounds like so much fun! I also love your family picture (header) what a great family:)
Post a Comment